Discussions under ASP.NET MVC

This page is only for discussions about the technologies source code base. For questions about using ASP.NET MVC, Web API and Web Pages technologies please post your question to the appropriate ASP.NET forum: MVC, Web API, Web Pages.

Discussions are grouped into the following topics:

• General - Discussions not directly related to features and bugs (contributing, build breaks, etc.).
  • ASP.NET MVC - Discussion about MVC.
  • ASP.NET Web API - Discussion about Web API.
  • ASP.NET Web Pages - Discussion about Web Pages including Razor.
  • ASP.NET Single Page Application - Discussion about Single Page Application.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the FAQ and the list of Known Issues before posting.

ASP.NET AuthorizeAttribute should allow both users and roles

first post: logankp wrote: We would like to allow access to a page of our webapp to either a r...

Unobtrusive Client Side Validation, RegularExpression Attribute and Case Insensitivity

first post: m4chine wrote: I am looking for acknowledgement, timeline to fix or any informatio...

JavaScriptResult content type

first post: MRodriguezCimino wrote: Is there any special reason why JavaScriptResult sets ContentType t...

latest post: MRodriguezCimino wrote: Ok, so jQuery 1.8, the minimum version required for unobtrusive Aja...

Method not found exception after updating MVC via nuget

first post: joecoolish wrote: I am using Visual Studio 2012 (RTM) to create an MVC 4 project tha...

latest post: cj_browna wrote: This worked for me by cleaning my solution and running Package-Update.

Not access ActionLink & other integerated HtmlHelprs inDeclarative Html Helper

first post: atoma wrote: In Declaraticve Html Helpers that place in App_Code folder, there '...

latest post: eilonlipton wrote: Hi atoma, You are correct that helpers written in Razor @helpers i...

Direct routes reordering and searching for first match only

first post: Ukyo wrote: Hi! I'm working on a website constructor, which routing system dif...

ASP.NET MVC Futures: current status and future plans

first post: Deilan wrote: What is a current status of Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Futures project? ...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: No additional release of the MVC Futures project are planned at thi...

Prefer http header support in OData v4 Post actions

first post: schmidtaa wrote: The spec says it should return with expand feature during the POST ...

Default CancellationTokenModelBinder behavior should provide HttpResponse.ClientDisconnectedToken

first post: binki wrote: Hi, In looking at http://aspnetwebstack.codeplex.com/SourceContro...

Better CMS for blogging website

first post: RohitKorpal wrote: I want to make a Blogging website, i want to know which CMS should ...

latest post: sebastienros wrote: With Orchard which is built on ASP.NET MVC you have two solutions: ...