Discussions under ASP.NET MVC

This page is only for discussions about the technologies source code base. For questions about using ASP.NET MVC, Web API and Web Pages technologies please post your question to the appropriate ASP.NET forum: MVC, Web API, Web Pages.

Discussions are grouped into the following topics:

• General - Discussions not directly related to features and bugs (contributing, build breaks, etc.).
  • ASP.NET MVC - Discussion about MVC.
  • ASP.NET Web API - Discussion about Web API.
  • ASP.NET Web Pages - Discussion about Web Pages including Razor.
  • ASP.NET Single Page Application - Discussion about Single Page Application.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the FAQ and the list of Known Issues before posting.

Error creating MVC View

first post: iGanja wrote: When trying to create a new view in the Views folder of an MVC 5.1 ...

latest post: adolfofoliaco wrote: I have the same issue, I even remove the MVC package and reinstall

Upgrading to MVC 5.1 is breaking RouteConfig.cs

first post: bnem wrote: The following line is breaking with the following exception after u...

latest post: kamehrot wrote: I tried upgrading a new MVC 4 application to MVC 5.1 as mentioned i...

Amends to ValidationMessage

first post: abutland wrote: I'm considering submitting a small pull request to add an additiona...

latest post: dougbu wrote: Filed bug [#1836](https://aspnetwebstack.codeplex.com/workitem/1836...

Why AntiForgeryToken creates two different values in cookie and hidden field?

first post: lakshmanjoyforeve wrote: Hi, I am new to MVC, can some explain me why AntiForgeryToken cre...

latest post: levib wrote: Hi Lakshman, The short answer is that the two tokens encode differ...

Attribute routing seems to have introduced breaking changes in 5.1

first post: JoeyBradshaw wrote: I threw up a question on stackoverflow about this issue but it's no...

latest post: JoeyBradshaw wrote: Found the root cause. This is a breaking change in 5.1. See the [ex...

EntitySetController Vs ODataController, which one is best practice?

first post: contacthanu wrote: To expose OData through api, Which Base class(EntitySetController V...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: We recommend deriving from ODataController. We provide scaffolders ...

answered by: danroth27 wrote: We recommend deriving from ODataController. We provide scaffolders ...

Routes created through Attributes Routing have null route data

first post: JoeyBradshaw wrote: There is some sort of inconsistency between "normal" routes and rou...

latest post: JoeyBradshaw wrote: I did not get matched. After closer inspection none of the routes a...

Is it good to use Windows Service to schedule any operation on server side in ASP.Net MVC

first post: HBaig wrote: Hi, Kindly suggest me that, i want to schedule any operation (eg....

latest post: alexanderjung wrote: Hi, Web Servers are intended for servicing web requests, not backg...

ModelValidator asycn support

first post: iLMaX wrote: Hi, I was looking for async support to model validation trough Mo...

PlatformNotSupportedException in IIS 7 calling jQuery Searchbox Autocomplete

first post: MNX65 wrote: I am working on a MVC 4 app running under .NET 4.5 and am using the...

latest post: MNX65 wrote: Whoo hoo!!! It works!! Thanks a ton for your help!!!

answered by: danroth27 wrote: Please also update the Web API packages to the latest NuGet package...