is web pages 3.2.1 the last?

Topics: ASP.NET Web Pages
Jul 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM
hi,
i noticed that in the vNext asp.net, mvc, web api and web pages are all merged into one framework, which called MVC 6!

so, does the web pages 3.2.1 the last one standalone?
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:23 PM
We will continue to support and ship minor improvements to the existing packages, but you should think of MVC 6 as the next major version and underpinnings for Web API and Web Pages, all built on ASP.NET vNext.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Roth
Aug 1, 2014 at 2:50 AM
i see. thank you danroth27.

i like the web pages framework. it`s simple, lightweight. simple is beauty :)
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Absolutely and you are not alone in that opinion!

We want to create a new version of Web Pages that preserves the simplicity, but also gives you a smooth upgrade path to a full MVC app as your applications grow in size and scope. We imagine a version of Web Pages where your pages are really just MVC views but with an automatic or implicit controller. If you later decide that you want to move to a full MVC model to accommodate better testing and team collaboration you would have a gesture to make your controllers explicit in code. MVC and Web Pages would also share a common set HTML helpers that you could use in a consistent way.

So don't worry! Web Pages as you know it isn't going away. Instead it's being pulled into a single consistent and aligned web platform as part of ASP.NET vNext.

Daniel Roth
Microsoft