Signed Nightly Builds
If you just want to try the latest feature or bug fix you can use a nightly build. While a nightly build might work, we strongly urge you to only use official builds for production. Nightly builds are meant for developers to try out new features or bug fixes
ahead of an official prerelease or final build. There is no guarantee that a nightly build will be available or will work. A nightly build is just a build of what is currently checked into the source repository.
Nightly builds can be used with Visual Studio 2010 SP1 up to Visual Studio 2013. To use the nightly build:
- In your Package Manager settings add the following package source:
Upgrading MVC/Web Api 4 -> 5
If upgrading an existing MVC or Web API project from a v4 to a v5, remove the package named
Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Fixed DisplayModes before upgrading, as this package is not needed and will prevent you from updating to the latest nightly build.
To enable debugging through the code you will need to make some additional changes in Visual Studio:
- Under Debugging | Options settings make the following changes in General section:
- Uncheck Enable Just My Code.
- Check Enable source server support.
- Uncheck Require source files to exactly match the original version.
- Under Debugging | Options settings add http://srv.symbolsource.org/pdb/MyGet to the list of symbol locations in Symbols section.
For more detail see
instructions from symbolsource.org.