Discussions under General

This page is only for discussions about the technologies source code base. For questions about using ASP.NET MVC, Web API and Web Pages technologies please post your question to the appropriate ASP.NET forum: MVC, Web API, Web Pages.

Discussions are grouped into the following topics:

• General - Discussions not directly related to features and bugs (contributing, build breaks, etc.).
  • ASP.NET MVC - Discussion about MVC.
  • ASP.NET Web API - Discussion about Web API.
  • ASP.NET Web Pages - Discussion about Web Pages including Razor.
  • ASP.NET Single Page Application - Discussion about Single Page Application.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the FAQ and the list of Known Issues before posting.

Upgrading to MVC 5.1 is breaking RouteConfig.cs

first post: bnem wrote: The following line is breaking with the following exception after u...

latest post: kamehrot wrote: I tried upgrading a new MVC 4 application to MVC 5.1 as mentioned i...

Is it good to use Windows Service to schedule any operation on server side in ASP.Net MVC

first post: HBaig wrote: Hi, Kindly suggest me that, i want to schedule any operation (eg....

latest post: alexanderjung wrote: Hi, Web Servers are intended for servicing web requests, not backg...

CORS EnableCorsAttribute parameters to accept all like previous nightlies?

first post: Geminiman wrote: Now that it is required to pass the origin, headers and methods, ho...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: Can modify your app to do authorization at the Web API layer using ...

Combobox header name not showing

first post: rsolucky wrote: Hi, I am new to Codeplex combo box . its working fine but How to s...

latest post: xiaoyuandlg wrote: [.NET UI combobox](http://www.kettic.com/winforms_ui/multi_column_c...

Is there any plans to leave System.Web dependencies behind?

first post: StanislavRomanov wrote: I'm mainly interested if this is something where .NET web stack is ...

latest post: mzabani wrote: Hi there, since you're interested in Linux (or BSDs, for that matte...

Test projects don't have ProjectTypeGuid corresponding to Unit Tests

first post: abatishchev wrote: None of the projects under test\ don't have corresponding ProjectTy...

latest post: eilonlipton wrote: Yes, that is correct. There is a Visual Studio extension for xUnit....

answered by: abatishchev wrote: Because the tests are for XUnit and not MSTest, that's why.

Possible Bug: ASP.NET MVC 5.1 - Intellisense Broken in VS2012

first post: nfplee wrote: Hi, I've just upgraded to an application to ASP.NET MVC 5.1. I used...

latest post: nfplee wrote: Thanks for your reply, yes I can confirm I ran the update above. I ...

Requirements to take place at asp.net Development

first post: minawana wrote: I am now a follower to this project but I want to make sure if I ca...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: You are more than welcome to contribute! You can find all the detai...

How to create a custom One ASP.NET project template?

first post: koistya wrote: Which asset type should I use in a VSIX manifest file (instead of...

latest post: koistya wrote: Also... would be nice to include unit and e2e JavaScript-based test...

Is there any plan to merge MVC and WebAPI classes?

first post: nvivo wrote: WebAPI duplicated almost everything from MVC because it didn't want...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: Yup, this is currently under investigation. We want to have an alig...