Discussions under ASP.NET Web API

This page is only for discussions about the technologies source code base. For questions about using ASP.NET MVC, Web API and Web Pages technologies please post your question to the appropriate ASP.NET forum: MVC, Web API, Web Pages.

Discussions are grouped into the following topics:

• General - Discussions not directly related to features and bugs (contributing, build breaks, etc.).
  • ASP.NET MVC - Discussion about MVC.
  • ASP.NET Web API - Discussion about Web API.
  • ASP.NET Web Pages - Discussion about Web Pages including Razor.
  • ASP.NET Single Page Application - Discussion about Single Page Application.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the FAQ and the list of Known Issues before posting.

Owinhost.exe has problem with web api

first post: amethyste16 wrote: hello I try to host a Web Api application with OwinHost.exe but I...

latest post: tonysneed wrote: I found the cause of the problem and a workaround. See this [issue...

DefaultODataBatchHandler change sets

first post: Barguast wrote: I'm using DefaultODataBatchHandler in order to be able to accept a ...

latest post: petermauger wrote: I'll second this as a MAJOR issue...

How to add, instance annotations to an ODataFeed?

first post: rcollette wrote: I am using ODataLib 6.6.0 and Microsoft.AspNet.OData 5.2.1 Nuget pa...

latest post: rcollette wrote: Your answer belies the difficulty in implementing this. The fact ...

Remove MVC dependency from Help page

first post: XVincentX wrote: Hello, I'd like to use your existing WebApi help page infrastructu...

MediaTypeFormatter for generic file downloader

first post: ChrisThomas wrote: Is it possible for a MediaTypeFormatter to accept all media types? ...

Odata v4 $fitler datetimeoffset using logical operators such as greaterthanorequal

first post: agccheung wrote: Hi, This is probably something simple but have been struggling, s...

latest post: agccheung wrote: Perfect! That did the job. Thank you very much. :-)

answered by: fenzhao wrote: Hi, Now in webapi.odata "cast" function doesn't support to cast fr...

OData Aggregation Extension on V4

first post: Powdor wrote: I would like to extend the Web API with some aggregation function. ...

latest post: zjufish wrote: 1. aggregation definitely is one of the key features we want to sup...

WebAPI Route Attributes/No Attributes

first post: ddestouche wrote: I have a controller that looks like the following: [RoutePrefix("ap...

latest post: ddestouche wrote: Hey Kiran, Looks like I left out some more detail. Months ago we ...

Simultaneous reading and writing data with Web API

first post: koistya wrote: Is there an easy way to read a big portion of data from a database...

latest post: thomassdt wrote: I have a similar issue and still could not find a solution for it. ...

Route - DataTokens property now null ?

first post: doogie04 wrote: Between the RC and the RTM there appears to have been a change to ...

latest post: doogie04 wrote: I never heard anything back, but it's been the situation for almost...