Discussions under ASP.NET Web Pages

This page is only for discussions about the technologies source code base. For questions about using ASP.NET MVC, Web API and Web Pages technologies please post your question to the appropriate ASP.NET forum: MVC, Web API, Web Pages.

Discussions are grouped into the following topics:

• General - Discussions not directly related to features and bugs (contributing, build breaks, etc.).
  • ASP.NET MVC - Discussion about MVC.
  • ASP.NET Web API - Discussion about Web API.
  • ASP.NET Web Pages - Discussion about Web Pages including Razor.
  • ASP.NET Single Page Application - Discussion about Single Page Application.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the FAQ and the list of Known Issues before posting.

Upgrading to MVC 5.1 is breaking RouteConfig.cs

first post: bnem wrote: The following line is breaking with the following exception after u...

latest post: kamehrot wrote: I tried upgrading a new MVC 4 application to MVC 5.1 as mentioned i...

Show Detailed ASP.NET Error Messages to Developers (and only to Developers)

first post: harshraj wrote: Problem: You are developing/maintaining an ASP.NET web-site, and wo...

Requirements to take place at asp.net Development

first post: minawana wrote: I am now a follower to this project but I want to make sure if I ca...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: You are more than welcome to contribute! You can find all the detai...

ASP.NET MVC 5 RTM?

first post: nvivo wrote: Hi, I couldn't help to notice that the downloads section has a "v...

latest post: eilonlipton wrote: And in case anyone missed it - this is all now RTM! You can read m...

Unexpected "<XXX>" keyword after "@" character

first post: dozer wrote: Hi, I am trying to upgrade from MVC3 to MVC4 and have stumbled ac...

latest post: yishaigalatzer wrote: By the way, check out this cool tool by Andrew Nurse to visualize a...

answered by: yishaigalatzer wrote: Hey @dozer, I replied the stackoverflow thread as well. The issue...

Overriding Membership and Roles table names

first post: corydeppen wrote: Using the SimpleMembershipProvider and SimpleRoleProvider classes ...

latest post: LissaCoffey wrote: Optional parameters would be handy here, but I don't know if I'm th...

What is the use of WCF?

first post: vennilab wrote: I’ve to develop an applications, it has a functionality like AVG Up...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: This isn't a WCF forum, but you can try posting your question to ht...

SimpleMembership/Crypto.HashPassword iterations?

first post: matthewsotoudeh wrote: Hello! I was looking over some of the security stuff in SimpleMemb...

latest post: BrockAllen wrote: Sure, all of those things are true. But even without the hashing it...

SelectListItem - add attributes property

first post: fxiao wrote: Can attributes be added to SelectListItem? it's cumbersome that Dro...

latest post: eilonlipton wrote: Hi, This is indeed a popular request. There is an issue logged for...

CurrentDomain.AssemblyResolve not hit from Razor view

first post: CFI wrote: I have a MVC 4 project where I load views from dynamically loaded a...

latest post: CFI wrote: I found the solution at [http://shazwazza.com/post/Developing-a-plu...

Users authentication with WebAPI, WebMatrix.WebData.WebSecurity and System.Web.Helpers.AntiForgery

first post: lnaie wrote: Hi, In a single page app scenario I have decided to use a webapi ...

latest post: ericpanorel wrote: I think a finally found a solution to this "issue". Instead of doin...

Webmail.Send Error

first post: sowoolumide wrote: While working on an email related project, I tried using the asp.ne...

Open source : Advanced starter kit project and framework released for MVC4

first post: LaurentJordi wrote: Hello all, I released my open source framework for ASP.net MVC 4. ...

latest post: LaurentJordi wrote: Hi, I paused the framework development because it evolves with myp...

OAuthWebSecurity tightly coupled with ExtendedMembershipProvider

first post: omegaluz wrote: Recently, I wanted to integrate the external provider logins provid...

Witch module redirect user to Login page when action is tagged with Authorize ?

first post: LaurentJordi wrote: Hello, I work with MVC 4 since beta versions. I built a multiling...

WebSecurity Classes / DotNetOpenAuth / SREG

first post: findjammer wrote: Hi All, I'm wondering if anyone has information on enabling the SR...

latest post: AArnott wrote: I couldn't say... I'm not familiar with this method or what it's de...

Porting DotNetOpenAuth Samples to Asp.Net Version

first post: findjammer wrote: Hi All, I'm currently implementing OAuth in my WebAPI project and ...

latest post: AArnott wrote: @findjammer, Here are a couple of sample source files for the two ...

Razor Update 2.0.20715.0 (Nuget Package Microsoft.Aspnet.Razor)

first post: omegaluz wrote: I just checked the available updates for an MVC 4 project in VS an...

WebSecurity Class and Long Ids

first post: findjammer wrote: I'm looking to use the long datatype (bigint) for various id valu...

latest post: findjammer wrote: I'm always very cagey about messing with security related code. Lo...

UserId column is set to INT in the webpages_Membership columns table

first post: lnaie wrote: Hi, Any plans to make that configurable: int or bigint?

latest post: erikporter wrote: We're still figuring out what's next, but that one is part of the d...

Unable to resolve dependency 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client (≥ 2.0.20710.0 && < 2.1)'.

first post: Jsrikk wrote: When I tried to install a System.Net.HttpFormatting package from...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: You should just install the Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client package...

Transitioning the source to VS 2012 and Windows 8

first post: BradWilson wrote: Part of moving our sources over for v.Next includes dependencies o...

latest post: win4thewin wrote: That's too bad. I don't want to install Windows 8. I can't stand th...

Printing in client side directly-without prompting for a print dialogue

first post: nagenbhai wrote: dear all, I am making a Web Part for a sharepoint site with .NET...

latest post: nagenbhai wrote: Dear all, Finally, I have solved the problem. Made a .dll filr from...

System.Web.WebPages.Assets

first post: gwlyons wrote: Does anyone know where Assets dissapeared to? From beta -> RC, it ...

latest post: cusman wrote: This from my research into the issue as someone that recently upda...

WebMatrix.Security

first post: NelsonReis wrote: This question might sound kind of naive, but why isn't available t...

latest post: erikporter wrote: Yup!

DisplayModes

first post: tugberk wrote: I just started looking into DisplayModes feature of ASP.NET MVC 4. ...

latest post: tugberk wrote: Thanks Brad! Done: http://aspnetwebstack.codeplex.com/workitem/143

Will WebPageHttpHandler implement HttpTaskAsyncHandler

first post: yysun wrote: The latest code of WebPageHttpHandler implements IHttpHandler. Is ...

latest post: eilonlipton wrote: Hi, We're not planning to support any async functionality in ASP.NE...

SimpleMembership LoginUrl Web.config setting

first post: mdennis wrote: I would have expected that SimpleMembership would use the LoginUrl...

Welcome to the ASP.NET Web Pages discussion forum!

first post: danroth27 wrote: Welcome to the ASP.NET Web Pages discussion forum! Please post all ...

• 1-29 of 29 discussions
    • Previous
    • Next