Discussions under ASP.NET Web Pages

This page is only for discussions about the technologies source code base. For questions about using ASP.NET MVC, Web API and Web Pages technologies please post your question to the appropriate ASP.NET forum: MVC, Web API, Web Pages.

Discussions are grouped into the following topics:

• General - Discussions not directly related to features and bugs (contributing, build breaks, etc.).
  • ASP.NET MVC - Discussion about MVC.
  • ASP.NET Web API - Discussion about Web API.
  • ASP.NET Web Pages - Discussion about Web Pages including Razor.
  • ASP.NET Single Page Application - Discussion about Single Page Application.

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the FAQ and the list of Known Issues before posting.

Upgrading to MVC 5.1 is breaking RouteConfig.cs

first post: bnem wrote: The following line is breaking with the following exception after u...

latest post: kamehrot wrote: I tried upgrading a new MVC 4 application to MVC 5.1 as mentioned i...

Show Detailed ASP.NET Error Messages to Developers (and only to Developers)

first post: harshraj wrote: Problem: You are developing/maintaining an ASP.NET web-site, and wo...

Requirements to take place at asp.net Development

first post: minawana wrote: I am now a follower to this project but I want to make sure if I ca...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: You are more than welcome to contribute! You can find all the detai...

ASP.NET MVC 5 RTM?

first post: nvivo wrote: Hi, I couldn't help to notice that the downloads section has a "v...

latest post: eilonlipton wrote: And in case anyone missed it - this is all now RTM! You can read m...

Unexpected "<XXX>" keyword after "@" character

first post: dozer wrote: Hi, I am trying to upgrade from MVC3 to MVC4 and have stumbled ac...

latest post: yishaigalatzer wrote: By the way, check out this cool tool by Andrew Nurse to visualize a...

answered by: yishaigalatzer wrote: Hey @dozer, I replied the stackoverflow thread as well. The issue...

Overriding Membership and Roles table names

first post: corydeppen wrote: Using the SimpleMembershipProvider and SimpleRoleProvider classes ...

latest post: LissaCoffey wrote: Optional parameters would be handy here, but I don't know if I'm th...

What is the use of WCF?

first post: vennilab wrote: I’ve to develop an applications, it has a functionality like AVG Up...

latest post: danroth27 wrote: This isn't a WCF forum, but you can try posting your question to ht...

SimpleMembership/Crypto.HashPassword iterations?

first post: matthewsotoudeh wrote: Hello! I was looking over some of the security stuff in SimpleMemb...

latest post: BrockAllen wrote: Sure, all of those things are true. But even without the hashing it...

SelectListItem - add attributes property

first post: fxiao wrote: Can attributes be added to SelectListItem? it's cumbersome that Dro...

latest post: eilonlipton wrote: Hi, This is indeed a popular request. There is an issue logged for...

CurrentDomain.AssemblyResolve not hit from Razor view

first post: CFI wrote: I have a MVC 4 project where I load views from dynamically loaded a...

latest post: CFI wrote: I found the solution at [http://shazwazza.com/post/Developing-a-plu...