AJAX ComboBox doesn't fully render inside GridView inside a FormView

Topics: ASP.NET Single Page Application, ASP.NET Web Pages
Mar 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM
Hello All,
I am writing a .NET 4.0 application where I have a ComboBox which is a control inside a GridView, which is housed inside FormView. In the FormView, I dynamically fill the GridView rows using the ItemCreated event
protected void fvAgencyInformation_ItemCreated(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (fvAgencyInformation.CurrentMode == FormViewMode.Edit)
    {
        //get the datagrid control
        GridView grvManageCategoriesSpecialtiesEdit = (GridView)fvAgencyInformation.FindControl("grvManageCategoriesSpecialtiesEdit");
        //Load the initial Datatable to populate the Categories Datagrid
        grvLoadManageCategories(Convert.ToInt32(Session["AgencyId"].ToString()));
        grvManageCategoriesSpecialtiesEdit.DataSource = (DataTable)ViewState["CategoriesForEdit"];
        grvManageCategoriesSpecialtiesEdit.DataBind();
    }
}
This creates the GridView just fine, however when the ComboBoxes inside the GridView are rendered they are not fully rendered. So when I go to make a selection although the data is present, it doesn't display properly until you select an item from the ComboBox. Once that is done, all the ComboBoxes render fine. Any ideas why the ComboBox isn't rendering completely when it's created? I can't seem to post pictures but any ideas and if we need to talk outside the Forum we can.!