How to create a custom One ASP.NET project template?

Topics: ASP.NET MVC, General
Dec 6, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Edited Dec 6, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Which asset type should I use in a VSIX manifest file (instead of Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectTemplate) if I want to create One ASP.NET web template?

Can you provide an example of extension.vsixmanifest file?
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Hi Koistya, I'm not sure if the dialog is currently extensible but I think that the team that owns it is working on enabling that scenario. I've forwarded this thread to them so that they can comment.

Thanks,
Eilon
Dec 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Hi Koistya, my team is working to enable this scenario in future updates of VS 2013.

Thanks!
Barry
Dec 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I guess the most awaited options in that dialog would be:
  1. Choosing between JavaScript and TypeScript for application specific code
  2. Choosing between Bootstrap (LESS) and Foundation (SASS) CSS frameworks (.less or .sass version preferred)
  3. Select a default folder(s) for vendor specific 3rd party libraries
Dec 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I am interested in this as well.

In particular, I am looking for a way to add a custom template to the New ASP.Net Project dialog (e.g., there would be a new icon listed after the existing choices of Empty, Web Forms, MVC, Web API, Single Page Application, Facebook). Is this possible? Is there any documentation on how to do this? Scott Hanselman at his Build talk implied that this was the goal, but not sure if that is possible yet.
Dec 20, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Also... would be nice to include unit and e2e JavaScript-based tests (or TypeScript) in these project templates; and also allow users specify in which folder(s) they want these tests to be created.