Having trouble using the build output in my source

Topics: ASP.NET MVC, General
Oct 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I am specifically trying to replace the simple membership dlls (webmatrix) and have dropped them into the bin directory as well as modified any reference in the codebase but the GAC version of the dll is still getting called.
To test this i made a virtually empty MVC app project and added a new function to the websecurity dll called TestWebSecurity(), here is what I'm getting:

Method not found: 'Int32 WebMatrix.WebData.WebSecurity.TestWebSecurity()'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 WebMatrix.WebData.WebSecurity.TestWebSecurity()'.

However, when I am in the code itself, it will actually auto-complete my TestWebSecurity call, so somewhere between working directly on the codebase and runtime I am losing the dlls and I would like to know if anyone can help me figure out how to make my project use the correct ones that I have built (without adding anything to the GAC since I don't have a cert)