NETMF V4.1 emulator: XMLReader throws XMLException parsing valid SOAP reply.

Topics: ASP.NET Web API
May 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Hi,
I am completely new to ASP NET, and this is my first post, so please point me to my wrong doing and I will try to avoid mistakes in the future posts.

Now up to the problem
I use Visual Studio 2010 with NETMF SDK 4.1.
I am trying to run the simplest web service client application calling service of
www.w3schools.com/webservices/tempconvert.asmx

I run this webservice in emulator
I see that binding to service is done succesfully, I see Soap reguest going out ( through wireshark packet)
I see with wireshark that I got back valid Soap Responce (XML is valid), but framework throws exception (see blow)
Please help me to understand what goes wrong

The second problem.
I have also SDK 4.2 installed, but the same app have a trouble opening socket, terminating with SocketException, It even doesnt send TCP connect ( according to wireshark). So I conclude that emulator in 4.2 SDK does not provide net interface.

Here the trace of w3schools Convert service

Exception System.Xml.XmlException - 0xec000000 (1)

#### Message: 
#### System.Xml.XmlReader::ReadStartElement [IP: 003d] ####
#### Ws.Services.WsaAddressing.WsWsaHeader::ParseHeader [IP: 001d] ####
#### Ws.Services.Encoding.TextMessageEncodingBindingElement::OnProcessInputMessage [IP: 01e9] ####
#### Ws.Services.Binding.BindingElement::ProcessInputMessage [IP: 0019] ####
#### Ws.Services.Binding.RequestChannel::ReceiveMessage [IP: 002c] ####
#### Ws.Services.Binding.RequestChannel::Request [IP: 0017] ####
#### tempuri.org.TempConvertSoapClientProxy::CelsiusToFahrenheit [IP: 0047] ####
#### MFWebClient.Service::.ctor [IP: 002d] ####
#### MFWebClient.Program::Main [IP: 0010] ####
A first chance exception of type 'System.Xml.XmlException' occurred in System.Xml.dll
#### Exception Ws.Services.Faults.WsFaultException - 0x00000000 (1) ####
#### Message: 
#### Ws.Services.WsaAddressing.WsWsaHeader::ParseHeader [IP: 01b7] ####
#### Ws.Services.Encoding.TextMessageEncodingBindingElement::OnProcessInputMessage [IP: 01e9] ####
#### Ws.Services.Binding.BindingElement::ProcessInputMessage [IP: 0019] ####
#### Ws.Services.Binding.RequestChannel::ReceiveMessage [IP: 002c] ####
#### Ws.Services.Binding.RequestChannel::Request [IP: 0017] ####
#### tempuri.org.TempConvertSoapClientProxy::CelsiusToFahrenheit [IP: 0047] ####
#### MFWebClient.Service::.ctor [IP: 002d] ####
#### MFWebClient.Program::Main [IP: 0010] ####
A first chance exception of type 'Ws.Services.Faults.WsFaultException' occurred in MFWsStack.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'Ws.Services.Faults.WsFaultException' occurred in MFWsStack.dll
Coordinator
May 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Hi levonshe, for general questions we recommend asking on http://stackoverflow.com/ where there is a very large community of people who are able to help you out. These forums are intended for discussions on the open source code base for ASP.NET MVC, Web API, and Web Pages with Razor.

Thanks,
Eilon