Where is ODataRouteNames?

Topics: ASP.NET Web API
Feb 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I feel like this is very simple problem but I can not find ODataRouteNames. I managed to find it in the source but I can't figure out what package to include to actually have access to it. I'm attempting to get a basic OData Web Api service up and running without using any references to MVC. I've currently got references to the nightly builds for the following:

Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi
Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client
Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Core
Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.OData
Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Tracing
Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.WebHost

Beyond that I'm also referencing:
Microsoft.Data.OData (version 5.2.0)
System.Spatial (version 5.2.0)
Microsoft.Data.Edm (version 5.2.0)

I'm using visual studio 2012, with update 1 and AspNetWebTools2012 installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Feb 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM
ODataRouteNames is gone in the latest sources. We have a much better routing story now. Is there a particular reason for wanting ODataRouteNames ? This blog post by Youssef will get you started with building an OData service using the latest build.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webdev/archive/2013/01/29/getting-started-with-asp-net-webapi-odata-in-3-simple-steps.aspx
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Thank you, that cleared up quite a few things. I think I was getting hung up trying to mix conventions between different versions without realizing it. Also it turns out I set my model up with the entityset "Reports" but called the controller "ReportController" so I kept getting the error "No HTTP resource was found that matches the request". I've got that mostly all cleared up now. Thanks for the link.

I should also mention I'm only in my first 2 weeks of learning about all of this and I'm finding it difficult to locate good resources that use the current nightly builds. I'd appreciate any tips or links you could push my way. Thanks again.
Feb 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM