Status of OData support

Topics: ASP.NET Web API
Jan 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Given that OData support is not complete, is there a page that tracks its current status? Or can someone provide me a brief summary? I'm not necessarily looking for ETAs, I'd just like to get an idea of what is and is not currently supported.

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

The list of supported OData features can be found in the release notes:

These features are discussed in greater detail in a series of blog posts on Alex James' blog:

For the RTM release in mid-Feb we will also have full support for JSON Light, $inlinecount and $it.

Daniel Roth

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Thanks Daniel. Can you also tell me what will be missing from the RTM release? For example, I see there's a post about $expand support from a few days ago, is there anything else?

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Everything else :-). $expand, $select, $batch with change sets , named streams, functions, etc.

Daniel Roth

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM
What about media entity streams as opposed to named stream properties?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM, danroth27 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Everything else :-). $expand, $select, $batch with change sets , named streams, functions, etc.

Daniel Roth

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ASPNETWebStack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ASPNETWebStack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
-----------------------------------------
Brian Noyes
CTO and Architect, Solliance
Microsoft Regional Director / MVP
http://www.solliance.net
+1 703-447-3712
@briannoyes
-----------------------------------------
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Media entity streams are also not supported yet.

Daniel Roth

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I'm very excited about a mid-Feb RTM! Is this coming along as planned?
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM
We think we just spun the final build. We hope to ship it publicly next week.

Daniel Roth
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
<div dir="ltr">Woop woop, playtime! </div>
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Is it out?? I see a 4.0 RTM on the front page but it says August 13?
Mar 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Yes, it released with ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2

On Thursday, March 14, 2013, georgiosd wrote:

Is it out?? I see a 4.0 RTM on the front page but it says August 13?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ASPNETWebStack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ASPNETWebStack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
----------------------------------------------------------
Brian Noyes
CTO, Solliance: http://solliance.net
Microsoft Regional Director / MVP
Pluralsight Author: http://pluralsight.com
+1 703-447-3712
@briannoyes
----------------------------------------------------------

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Which "front page" did you look at? If we have content somewhere that is out of date I can see about getting it updated.

We hope you enjoy the new ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 release!

Daniel Roth
Mar 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Hi Dan

Congrats on the release!

I'm talking about the CodePlex main page - http://aspnetwebstack.codeplex.com/
The right panel says "Current - 4.0 RTM" @ Aug 13
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Ah, right, well technically that's still correct as we don't update the core runtime bits (MVC/Web API) in the 2012.2 release. We added framework bits (ex OData) but they all build on the 4.0 runtime.

Daniel Roth
Mar 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM
In which case that could deserve a bold statement on the front page main section :)
Apr 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Any idea when $count operator will be supported? Is there a roadmap somewhere? :)

Cheers,
Andrea