So ... Now that MVC 4 has been released ¬_¬ SPA?

Topics: ASP.NET Single Page Application
Aug 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Is there any sort of ETA on a Single Page Application NuGet package that's compatible with MVC4?

Alternately, is there any sort of guidance for getting SPA up and running in Visual Studio 2012? I downloaded the latest build from CodePlex, but I can't even get the thing to run a basic Web API controller - it's saying it can't load Microsoft.Web.Helpers even though I have it referenced.

Thanks,

BoB

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Hello, can anybody say when the SPA releas will be?

It can make my life easier, I want to use it in my projects. 

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Having done a bit more research, it really looks like it's just Upshot that's incompatible with MVC 4 - every other component seems to work. (I suppose Nav.js might not be, but that would be really weird considering its position in the stack.)

So even if they don't want to put out another NuGet for whatever reason, could we at least get a set of instructions somewhere that describes how to take what's in the Source Code and actually use it for an SPA project? I tried just straight compiling and referencing, but SPA has a lot of built in templates that I didn't even know where to begin duplicating.

Any ideas? Thanks,

BoB

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM

why no one is answering to these questions? I'm very afraid that this project will not come out in the future, I see very little effort and guarantees that there will be future versions of this component. I feel that this will be another abandoned project.

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Hi folks,

We plan to update our Roadmap by the end of this week and we will include information on the direction we are taking with SPA. Thank you for your patience!

Daniel Roth

Sep 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Hi danroth27,

- just checked the Roadmap.  But it doesn't seem to be updated yet...I think there's a lot of interest is Single Page Applications (SPAs), so an update would be most appreciated.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Dear Daniel Roth

Still not any reply or update in ROADMAP for Single Page Application?

Sanjeev Patel

India

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Sorry, we're still working on it. Thanks for your patience.