new code: ActionButton

Topics: ASP.NET MVC
Jul 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Hello all,

Some time ago I wrote an ActionButton helper, which is essentially an ActionLink that renders as a button. Some of you will have seen my email about it.

I'm now integrating that code into my fork of aspnetwebstack, because I think it would be a useful addition to the framework. Do you agree?

Regards,

Jeroen Kruis

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Hi Jeroen,

That sounds like a cool helper. I recommend logging a new issue in the issue tracker so that we can track the work and make a decision on whether the helper fits with the goals and plans for MVC. If all is well, we'll need to ensure that you've signed a Contributor License Agreement, double check that there are enough unit tests, and then we'll be good to go.

Thanks,

Eilon

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Edited Jul 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Thanks. I created this issue: http://aspnetwebstack.codeplex.com/workitem/275

Jul 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM
eilonlipton wrote:

I recommend logging a new issue in the issue tracker so that we can track the work and make a decision on whether the helper fits with the goals and plans for MVC.

That didn't work out very well. I understand that this might not be the right time to actually add code to the framework, but that doesn't have to stop you from deciding whether it is desirable to do so in the future. It has been more than 6 months since I first contacted MS about getting my code into the framework, so it would be really nice to get a bit of clarity.

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Unfortunately, we've been feature complete for several weeks, so this feature request came too late for us to add to the current version. Since the feature request is still open and marked as "vNext", that means we are still considering this feature for the next version of MVC.